This recipe is taken from the 1996 Milk Calendar. The ultimate tea cake for family or company! Decorate it with a dusting of sugar and garnish with thin slices of orange and sprigs of mint.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) butter softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- Juice and grated zest of two oranges
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) poppy seeds
- Icing sugar
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla, orange zest and juice. Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into a buttered and floured 10-inch (25 cm) bundt pan. (Batter will be thin.)
Bake for 50 to 60 min.
Allow to cool for 15 min before removing from pan. When the cake has cooled completely, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 94 mg|
|Vitamin A:||11 %|