This recipe features the 2013 Canadian Cheese Grand Prix winner in the Fresh cheese with grilling properties category.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 apples sliced or cut into small wedges
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) nuts your choice (pistachios, walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.), optional
- 8 oz (225 g) Latin Foods Queso Fresco cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
In a medium baking dish, not buttered, mix apples, butter, honey, rosemary and nuts, if using. Place cheese over apples, season to taste with pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and golden brown.
Place the dish on the table and enjoy while the cheese is hot.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 163 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||24 %|
|Vitamin D:||16 %|