Kale provides body and texture to this traditional South Asian dish, while Ricotta adds a creamy finale.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 lb (225 g) Canadian Paneer cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) tightly packed kale stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) tightly packed spinach stemmed and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) garam masala
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Canadian Feta crumbled
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Gently add Paneer and sauté until golden brown; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and cook garlic until light brown. Add kale, spinach, garam masala, salt and pepper. Cook for 6–8 minutes or until vegetables soften. Let cool.
In a blender, purée half of kale and spinach mixture with Ricotta. Transfer purée back into skillet with remaining mixture and add pan-fried Paneer.
Gently stir and cook for 3 minutes.
Sprinkle with Feta and serve.
If the mixture is too thick, add 1/4 cup (60 mL) of water.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||61 % / 666 mg|
|Vitamin A:||58 %|
|Vitamin B12:||61 %|
|Vitamin C:||144 %|