This is the Parsnip and Lemon Tea Bread recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 3 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) pureed cooked parsnips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) Five Roses all-Purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Fives Roses Organic whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 4 tsp (20 mL) finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) icing sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
Preheat oven to 325 °F (160 °C). Butter a 9 x 5-in (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan.
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Cream in eggs, one at a time. Stir in parsnips and vanilla.
Combine flours, baking powder, lemon peel and salt. Stir into butter mixture just until combined. Scrape into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
Place on rack. Use wooden skewer to pierce loaf deeply all over surface of loaf. Combine icing sugar and lemon juice and heat in microwave until boiling; stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Brush evenly over very hot cake. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out and let cool on rack, glazed side up.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||4 % / 41 mg|