Pasta al Limone
Straight from Italy, this pasta dish has a bright creamy citrus flavour that is delicious alongside grilled chicken or pork, steamed spinach or broccoli and a green summer salad.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brandy or white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh pasta
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) freshly grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh herbs (parsley, tarragon or basil)
- Grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add lemon zest. When it begins to sizzle, add brandy or white wine. When brandy has evaporated, add cream and lemon juice; stirring for two minutes or until it comes to a boil. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
Place fresh pasta into boiling water; cook according to package directions or until desired doneness. Drain.
Add pasta to lemon sauce in pan; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, toss lightly. Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs and additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
Wash and dry lemon; grate the rind with zester or remove the rind taking care to take only the yellow of the rind as the white tends to be bitter, chop superfine.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 160 mg|
|Vitamin A:||22 %|