This is the Pasta with Blade Roast and Tre Stelle® Mozzarella recipe.
- Prep: 40 min
- Cooking: 2 h 30
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 1/2 lb (1.5 Kg) beef blade roast
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- of ground cinnamon
- of ground cloves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups (1 L) whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen green peas
- 1 ball (12 oz – 340 g) Tre Stelle® Mozzarella shredded
Preheat oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
In a large, deep, oven-safe skillet, melt butter over high heat and sear blade roast for 3–4 minutes on each side. Add onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Cover with 5 cups (1.25 L) of water, add herbs and spices, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and continue cooking in the oven for 2 hours.
Remove beef from broth. Let cool until lukewarm, then debone and shred meat. Discard excess fat.
Put skillet back on burner and bring broth to a boil. Cook fusilli in broth according to package instructions, adding vegetables 3 minutes before end of cooking time.
Stir in shredded beef and cover with Mozzarella.
Brown in the oven, then serve.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Bocconcini, Havarti.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 231 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||300 %|