This recipe is taken from the 1996 Milk Calendar. This is the Pasta Frittata recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 medium green bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh mushrooms sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) pasta cooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven broiler.
Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the onions, green peppers and mushrooms.
Cook for 2 to 3 min. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and stir in the milk, pasta, Cheddar cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the skillet and let cook until the eggs are almost set and the bottom is browned (5 to 10 min).
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and put the skillet under the broiler at medium heat until the top is browned. Slice and serve.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||36 % / 392 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||62 %|
|Vitamin C:||94 %|