This recipe is taken from the 1990 Milk Calendar. This is the Pasta with Italian Sausage and Cheese Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Provolone or Canadian Sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz (240 g) hot or mild Italian sausage cooked, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Cooked penne
- Crushed chillies (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Melt butter in medium saucepan; sauté onion until tender. Blend in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
Add Provolone cheese; stir until melted. Stir in sausage, tomato paste and parsley. Reheat if necessary; do not boil. Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta. Garnish with crushed chillies if desired.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||44 % / 481 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||70 %|
|Vitamin D:||36 %|