This is the Pasta Sauces Surprise recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- A Choice of Vegetables
- Sliced mushrooms
- Minced green or red bell pepper
- Minced sun-dried tomatoes
- Chopped broccoli
- Diced seeded tomatoes
- Sliced zucchini
- Chopped eggplant
- Sliced black olives
- A choice of herbs and seasonnings (italian or poultry seasonings, dried thyme, basil or oregano) to taste
- A Choice of Meat
- Cut-up salami or ham
- Cut-up, cooked chicken or turkey
- Cooked ground beef or pork
- A Choice of Canadian Cheeses
- Diced Havarti or Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese grated
- Crumbled Feta
- Grated Mozzarella
In large saucepan, cook 1 lb (450 g) of your favourite pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter in large frypan. Cook 2 chopped onions, 2 minced garlic cloves, 4 cups (1 L) vegetables and herbs, to taste, until tender. Stir in 2 cups (500 mL) of prepared or pre-cooked meat.
Whisk together 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour and 2 cups (500 mL) chicken broth; add to vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until boiling. Stir in 2 or 3 tbsp (30 to 45 mL)) tomato paste.
Drain pasta. Top individual servings with sauce, 1 handful of cheese and hot pepper flakes, if desired.