This makes a wonderful seasonal and savoury ending to a late-fall dinner party.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) peaches sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherries pitted (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) large-flake oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Havarti grated
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).In a 9˝ (23 cm) square baking dish, mix peaches with cherries, vanilla and ¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.Meanwhile, mix butter with remaining brown sugar, oats and flour to obtain a crumbly mixture.Remove dish from oven, cover fruit with some cheese, add crumble mixture and sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cook for 15 more minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Note: If you prefer a thicker sauce, stir in 1–2 tbsp (15–30 mL) of flour to the fruit mixture before baking.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Gouda, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 275 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||26 %|