By Michael Howell
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- 8 slices Calabrese oval bread
- 7 oz (200 g) Canadian Brie chilled and thinly cut into 16 slices
- 4 slices (30 g) each, extra-lean smoked pork loin or ham
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) homemade or store-bought peach preserve
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter softened
- 1 fresh peach sliced
- 6 oz (180 g) blueberries
On 4 slices of bread, place 2 slices of Brie on each.
Top with smoked pork loin, a spoonful of peach preserve and another couple slices of Brie. Finish with remaining slices of bread.
Butter the outsides of the bread and cook in a non-stick pan over low heat until golden brown on one side (about 5–6 minutes), then carefully turn over.
Continue cooking over low heat. Place a lid on top of sandwiches to keep heat in, allowing Brie to melt and pork to get warm. Cook until golden brown.
Remove from heat and allow to rest 2–3 minutes before cutting in half.
Serve with wedges of ripe peach and blueberries for garnish.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||14 % / 151 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||49 %|