This is the Pear and Prosciutto Pizza with Parmesan and Arugula Pesto recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- About 1 dozen thin mini-burger buns opened
- 3 oz (90 g) shaved Canadian Parmesan divided
- 2 fresh pears or preserved thinly sliced
- 3 oz (90 g) prosciutto thinly sliced
- Arugula pesto
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) almonds
- 4 cups (1 L) young arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Using a food processor, chop the garlic and the almonds.
Add the arugula and finely chop. Gradually pour in the oil, then add pepper.
Preheat oven to 450oF (230oC).
Top each half-bun with a spoonful of pesto, then place on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
Add half the Parmesan, the pears and prosciutto.
Garnish with the remaining Parmesan, add pepper to taste, and cook 5 minutes.
Serve with an aperitif.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 73 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||6 %|
|Vitamin E:||8 %|