This is the Pecan and Almond Baked Apples recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 50 min - 1 h
- 6 small baking apples (Crispin, Braeburn or Jonagold)
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) golden brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter softened
- Zest and juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) almonds or amaretti cookies crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried raisins
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) pecans chopped
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Gouda cheese cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC). Lightly butter a 8-cup (2-L) baking dish.
Core apples, almost to bottom, leaving base intact. Remove additional flesh to make room. Score each apple at the middle. Place in baking dish.
Combine sugar, butter, orange zest, orange juice and cinnamon. Add crushed almonds or amaretti and mix well. Stir in dried fruit and nuts. Stuff apples generously and heat-shield openings with aluminum foil.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender. Discard aluminum foil. Serve warm or at room temperature with wedges of Canadian Gouda cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||29 % / 322 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||32 %|
|Vitamin C:||28 %|