A wonderful creamy pasta with fresh vegetables and Parmesan cheese.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 35 min
- 12 1/2 oz (375 g) penne or fusilli or rotini
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper cut in thin strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) dried bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain well.
Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, carrot, zucchini and red pepper; cook for 5 min or until barely tender. Add cream; simmer 5 min until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in half of the cheese, half the parsley, the green onions, salt and pepper.
Toss pasta with vegetable mixture. Turn into a buttered 8-cup (2 L) baking dish.
Melt remaining butter; stir in remaining cheese, parsley, breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle over pasta. Bake for 15 min or until hot.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 259 mg|
|Niacin:||22 % / 5 mg|
|Folate:||43 % / 96 mg|
|Vitamin C:||96 % / 57 mg|
|Vitamin A:||85 % / 850 mg|