This is the Penne Primavera with Fresh Salmon recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 3 2/3 cups (910 mL) whole wheat penne
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) 2 % Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) basil pesto
- 1 cup (250 mL) medium-spicy salsa
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 8 oz (250 g) fresh salmon fillet cooked and chunked
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked chopped broccoli flowerets
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In large pot of boiling water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot.
Whisk flour into milk and pour over pasta. Stir in pesto and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in salsa. Gently add broccoli and salmon pieces and reheat about 2 minutes. Stir in tomato halves, sprinkle with fresh basil and serve immediately.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 146 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||61 %|
|Vitamin C:||47 %|