This is the Penne with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 1 lb (450 g) penne
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 7 oz (210 g) Canadian Cream Cheese with herbs
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 15 % cream
- 7 oz (210 g) smoked salmon minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) capers roughly chopped
- Lemon quarters to serve
Cook pasta according to directions on the package until al dente.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a skillet, melt the butter with the oil. Sauté the garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice and incorporate the Canadian Cream Cheese. Melt for a few minutes, then add the cream and the smoked salmon. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes over a medium heat.
Pour the creamy sauce over each portion of the pasta and sprinkle generously with parsley and capers. Garnish each plate with lemon quarters.