Penne with Vodka Sauce
Vodka adds a peppery essence to this easy entertaining dish.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 8 slices pancetta or bacon chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried chili flakes
- 2 oz (60 mL) vodka
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) tomatoes drained and chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sliced sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 lb (450 g) penne cooked
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Canadian Parmesan to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cook pancetta until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and chop. Set aside.
Melt butter in large skillet Sauté onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 min. Add herbs, chili flakes and vodka and bring to a boil.
Add canned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and 3/4 of chopped pancetta. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 10 to 15 min. Stir in cream. Simmer for 3-5 min or until slightly thickened.
To serve, toss with hot cooked pasta and garnish with parsley, reserved pancetta and grated Parmesan cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 81 mg|