An elegant way to serve guests over the holidays is with this easy recipe. Serve the pork with a lightly buttered egg noodle or a creamy roasted garlic mashed potato and colourful mixed vegetables alongside.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mixed peppercorns
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) minced shallots
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) panko bread crumbs or dry bread crumbs
- 2 pork tenderloins about 2.2 lbs/1 kg total
- Balsamic Cream Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) 18 % cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Line a baking sheet with foil.
Place peppercorns in a small resealable bag and using meat mallet, crush peppercorns coarsely and set aside.
In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and parsley and sauté for 3 minutes or until softened; let cool slightly. Stir in bread crumbs and peppercorns.
Place pork tenderloins on baking sheet and press shallot mixture along top and sides of each tenderloin. Roast in oven for about 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in reaches 155 °F (70 °C). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Balsamic Cream Sauce:
In small saucepan, whisk together cream, beef broth, vinegar, sugar, flour and thyme. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until reduced to about 1-1/2 cups (375 mL). Remove thyme sprigs and spoon sauce on plate and serve sliced pork tenderloin on top.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 57 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||30 %|