This is the Pesto, Provolone, Shrimp Cheeseburger recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 1/3 lbs (600 g) raw shrimp peeled
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pesto
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 3 to 4 oz (90 to 120 g) Canadian Provolone shredded or finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) capers
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon or lime zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon or lime juice
- 4 to 6 Kaiser buns
- 4 to 6 lettuce leaves washed and pat-dried
- 8 to 12 pieces of dried tomatoes preserved in oil
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat BBQ to medium or the oven to 425 °F (210 °C).
In a food processor, finely chop one half of the peeled shrimp and place in a mixing bowl; coarsely chop rest of shrimp and mix with first batch.
Place all ingredients, except garnish and toppings, in a mixing bowl. Season to taste and combine.
Divide preparation into four to six parts and shape into patties.
Place patties on grill or on parchment-covered baking sheet in center of oven. Cook 12-15 minutes turning them over once.
While heating burger buns, mix mayo, capers, lemon juice and zest in a mixing bowl. Pepper to taste.
Spread mayo mix on burger buns; add patties, lettuce, dried tomatoes and serve.
You can also cook the burgers in a skillet over medium heat, 5 to 7 minutes per side.