Pork Chop and Onion Casserole
This is the Pork Chop and Onion Casserole recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 50 min - 1 h
- 8 oz (250 g) 6 pork chops
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 lbs (1 Kg) onions sliced
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Pat pork chops dry. In a large skillet heat vegetable oil. Brown pork chops 4,5 min on each side. Remove and reserve.
Discard all but 2 tbsp (30 mL) fat from pan. Add onions. Cook, stirring, about 5 min until onions wilt and brown slightly. Add tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper to onions. Cook 5 min longer.
Spread 1/2 onion mixture in the bottom of a 9 x13-inch (33 x 23 cm) casserole. Layer chops on top. Cover with remaining onions. Pour cream over top.
Combine crumbs with butter and parsley. Sprinkle over the top. Bake in a preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 40 min until pork is very tender.
Serve with pasta.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 116 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||48 %|
|Vitamin B6:||52 %|