This is the Pork Medallions with Belgian Endives and Apricots, Mont Laurier Style recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 4 prunes
- 4 dried apricots
- 10 oz (300 g) Belgian endives
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1/4 lb (560 g) pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) port
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 oz (60 g) Canadian Windigo cheese* sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Stone the prunes. Cut the prunes and apricots into small pieces and soak in a bowl of boiling water.
Wash the endive, slice into very thin strips. Season with salt and pepper. Sweat the endives in a little butter. Set aside.
Cut the pork tenderloin into 8 medallions. Season with salt and pepper, then brown in a frying pan over a high heat, 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
In the same pan, cook the bacon. Cut into small pieces.
the inside of 4 rectangles of aluminium foil and place on each one: some endives, bacon, 2 pork medallions, pieces of prune and apricot. Sprinkle with port. Add the sliced Canadian Windigo cheese after 5 to 10 minutes of cooking.
Seal each rectangle of foil along the edges to form a bag. Cook for 15 minutes on the grill.**
Jean Soulard, Executive Chef, Le Château Frontenac
** Alternative to BBQ: 15 minutes in 375 °F (190 °C) oven.
* Instead of Canadian Windigo, try this recipe with Canadian Clos St-Ambroise or St-Pierre de Saurel or Cantonnier cheese.