Recipe from Amanda Garbutt
As soon as I saw this recipe I knew that it just needed a few simple tweaks to get the family excited about this meal all over again. I know how hard it can be to get picky eaters to eat their greens. During the week when I want to serve up a quick and nutritious lunch I look for recipes like this one. With an easy trick, vegetables are transformed into delicate ribbons that look more like pasta than veggies. Also, by substituting cream for half of the cream of mushroom soup you are cutting the sodium in half. Best of all, by slicing the vegetables and cubing the pork we take this dish’s cooking time from 30 to 20 minutes!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 30 min
- 1 tsp (5 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 4 boneless pork chops fat trimmed and meat cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary or 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) low sodium chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 35% cream
- 2 medium zucchinis cleaned and dried
- 2 large carrots cleaned and dried
- salt and pepper
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter over high heat in a large skillet. Season the pork with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet. Sear the pork on all sides until golden. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute. Add the rosemary, Dijon, and chicken stock; stir, making sure to scrape up any brown bits.Stir the cream of mushroom soup and cream into the pork mixture. Cover, reduce the heat to low-medium and continue to simmer for 10 minutes until the pork is fully cooked.Using a vegetable peeler, shave the zucchinis and the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons. Salt the boiling water and add the vegetable ribbons. Cook for 1-2 minutes until just softened. Drain and rinse under cold water for 1 minute.Divide the vegetable ribbons between plates and top with pork and mushroom sauté.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 63 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||91 %|