Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Hazelnuts
An elegant twist to an everyday classic. This delicious pork dish is easy to prepare and perfect to serve at a dinner party.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 25 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 12 oz (375 g) pork tenderloin cut into 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick slices
- 1 onion minced
- 1 unpeeled apple cored and cut into 12 wedges
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine or all chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) coarsely chopped hazelnuts
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add pork; cook just until slices are golden. Remove pork; set aside on a plate.
Add onion, apple and carrot to pan; cook 1 min. Deglaze with wine then add the chicken stock, stirring up brown bits from bottom of pan; cook until evaporated 5 to 10 min. Add cream, vinegar, mustard and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 min until sauce thickens slightly.
Return pork and any juices to pan; add salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with hazelnuts.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 96 mg|
|Vitamin A:||87 %|