Creamy Gouda and cranberry sauce give this simple recipe a distinctive holiday flavour!
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- Coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 12 oz/ 375 g each)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) 18 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 2 % Milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) minced shallots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange liqueur (Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange zest
- Fresh rosemary sprig
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.
In a small bowl, combine thyme, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper. Rub thoroughly into pork. In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter over medium-high heat. Sauté pork evenly for about 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and transfer pork to prepared baking sheet. Place pork in oven and roast for about 20 to 25 min or until meat thermometer registers 160 °F (70 °C).
Transfer to cutting board. Tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes. Slice diagonally.
Whisk flour into cream and milk and set aside. Reduce heat to medium-low and add remaining butter to skillet. Stir in shallots. Sauté for about 2 minutes or until tender. Deglaze with chicken stock, scraping up any bits that stick to the skillet. Stir in cream mixture. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat, stir in Canadian Gouda cheese until melted. Add cranberries, orange liqueur, rosemary and orange zest and stir. Season to taste with pepper.
To serve, pour half of the sauce onto a platter and top with slices of pork. Drizzle with remaining sauce or serve on the side. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprig.
If necessary, trim fat from pork, tuck thin ends underneath and tie with kitchen string.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 261 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||60 %|
|Vitamin B6:||58 %|