Boost any day with this super combo! The flavour of pizza is always a hit and eggs are a terrific, nutritious pick-me-up for any busy week night. The cream creates a puffy, tender omelette – any day magic that’s sure to lift the whole family
- Prep: 12 min
- Cooking: 17 min
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) 10 % half-and-half cream or 18 % table cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 small oblong potato peeled and shredded
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped smoked ham (optional)
- 1 plum tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Mozzarella or Canadian Provolone cheese shredded
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat the broiler with rack positioned 6 inches (15 cm) from heat.
In a bowl, whisk eggs with flour, oregano, salt and pepper; whisk in cream until blended.
In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add potatoes, mushrooms, green bell pepper and ham (if using); sauté for 8 min or until mushrooms release their liquid and start to brown and potatoes are tender. Reduce heat to medium-low and pour in egg mixture. Cook, stirring gently with a heatproof spatula for about 2 min or until eggs are about half set. Cook without stirring for 3 min or until eggs are almost set.
Broil for about 3 min or until omelette is puffed and browned. Arrange tomatoes on top of omelette and sprinkle with cheese; broil for 1 min or until cheese is melted.
If your skillet has a plastic handle, wrap it in foil and angle it outside of the oven while broiling the omelette.