This recipe is taken from the 2016 Milk Calendar. Autumn is in the air. And so is the aroma of hearty pumpkin flavour.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp (20 mL) baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granola
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely diced dried apricots
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg. In a medium bowl, whisk milk with pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Stir granola with pumpkin seeds and apricots. Sprinkle onto batter, pressing gently to help it adhere. Bake for about 20 min or until a tester inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan for 5 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Leftover pumpkin purée freezes well in an airtight container.
Skip the granola and use only pumpkin seeds and apricots. Or buy only as much granola as you need at a bulk store. Substitute 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice instead of individual spices.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 101 mg|
|Vitamin A:||25 %|