The taste of Indian summer: fresh corn and sweet shrimp surrounded by the comforting and buttery flavour of Queso Fresco. If you haven’t discovered this delicious grilling cheese yet, this is the perfect opportunity.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 4 corn on the cob shucked
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fine cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 20 large tail-on shrimp rinsed and drained
- 7 oz (200 g) Canadian Queso Fresco cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter divided
- 1 zucchini cut into rounds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro chopped
Place corn in a saucepan. Add 1˝ (2.5 cm) of water to bottom of the saucepan and cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and steam corn, covered, for 7–10 minutes. Drain and slice kernels off cobs using a knife; set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a bowl, mix cornmeal with spices. Roll the shrimp in the mixture, coating well.
Cut cheese horizontally in half and then each half into 4 squares. In a large non-stick skillet, brown cheese on each side for 2–3 minutes over medium-high heat; transfer to an oven-safe dish and reserve in the oven to keep warm.
Return skillet to stove, melt half the butter and cook shrimp for 3–4 minutes. Transfer to dish in the oven.
In the same skillet, melt remaining butter and cook zucchini. Add corn and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in lime juice and cilantro. Transfer to a serving dish and top with reserved cheese and shrimp. Serve immediately.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Paneer, Halloumi.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 334 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||64 %|