Canned mackerel is perfect for a quick meal and deserves a more prominent place in the kitchen.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 18 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quinoa
- 3 multi-colour tomatoes quartered
- 4 hard-boiled eggs halved
- 2 6 oz (170 g) cans plain mackerel drained
- 5 oz (150 g) sliced Canadian Bocconcini
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- Ground coriander to taste
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) prepared horseradish
In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups (1 L) of salted water to a full boil. Add quinoa, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 16 minutes or until the grains have burst and are tender. Drain over a bowl and let cool down.
Arrange quinoa on a serving platter.
Top with remaining ingredients, keeping them separate. Sprinkle the tomatoes with garlic and the mackerel with coriander.
Drizzle the cheese with oil and vinegar. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh basil.
Combine the yogurt and horseradish and serve in a ramekin as a dressing for the mackerel.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||32 % / 349 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||334 %|
|Vitamin D:||139 %|