By Josée Robitaille
A nicely satisfying light lunch, or side dish for soup.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 4 oz (120 g) Cheddar cheese diced small
- 1 apple with skin, diced small, drizzled with a little lemon juice
- 2 stalks celery, diced small
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chives, chopped on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) roast almonds, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Rinse quinoa in cold water. Drain. In a medium-size saucepan, add broth, stir in quinoa, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes. Transfer quinoa into a bowl to cool.
Add oil, vinegar and mustard, season to taste and mix well with quinoa. Add the Cheddar, apple, celery, and chives and mix well. Sprinkle with the chopped almonds and enjoy.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||26 % / 283 mg|
|Vitamin E:||38 %|