Raspberry Lemon Muffin MagicOur dietitians' favourite
This is the Raspberry Lemon Muffin Magic recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Brick cheese
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen raspberries
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Butter or spray a 12-cup non-stick muffin pan.
In a large bowl, combine all-purpose and whole-wheat flour, Canadian Brick cheese, 1/2 cup (125 mL) oats, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, 2/3 cup (160 mL) sugar, butter and vanilla extract. Pour over dry ingredients and lightly incorporate. Gently stir in raspberries.
Spoon into prepared muffin pan, smoothing tops. Sprinkle with remaining oats and sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
You can replace buttermilk by sour milk or yogourt. To make sour milk, add 1 tbsp (15 mL) of white vinegar (or lemon juice) to 1 cup (250 mL) milk.
Instead of Canadian Brick cheese, try Swiss!
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 164 mg|