Quick to prepare, colourful and ideal for casual entertaining.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 1 large bunch of broccoli
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- of hot chili flakes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1 lb (450 g) penne
- 1 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sundried tomatoes in oil in bite-size pieces
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) finely grated Canadian Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Coarsely chop broccoli florets; set aside. Peel broccoli stems, then coarsely chop. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in broccoli, red pepper, garlic and chili flakes; cook 2 min. Add wine, cover and cook until broccoli stems are cooked, about 5 min.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
To broccoli, add cream and sundried tomatoes; increase heat and simmer uncovered until cream thickens slightly, 4 to 5 min. Stir in half the Romano cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Serve with remaining Romano.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 299 mg|
|Vitamin A:||55 %|
|Vitamin C:||216 %|