This is the Red velvet Mascarpone minis recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cocoa
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) beet juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Canadian Mascarpone
- 3 Tablespoon (45 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
With an electric mixer, beat egg with sugar at high speed for 2 minutes.
Mix flour with baking powder, baking soda and cocoa.
Incorporate dry mixture into egg mixture while alternating with beet juice. Begin and end with dry ingredients. Add melted butter last.
Spread cake mix into a buttered mini-muffin mould. Cook in oven for 10–12 minutes or until a cupcake springs back after being pressed lightly with a finger. Let cool.
Meanwhile, whip Mascarpone with cream, sugar and vanilla.
Top each mini-cupcake with Mascarpone icing and decorate (chocolate shavings, candy, crushed candy canes, etc.)
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Ricotta, Cream Cheese, Cottage Cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||3 % / 38 mg|
|Vitamin A:||6 %|