This is the Rhubarb Raspberry Fool recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 5 cups (1.25 L) chopped rhubarb in 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) honey or sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange liqueur (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In large saucepan, stir together rhubarb, honey, orange juice and cinnamon; cover and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Uncover; simmer stirring frequently until rhubarb mixture becomes very thick, about 15 min. Stir in raspberries, continue cooking stirring constantly for 5 min or until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract and turn into large bowl. Refrigerate until cold.
When fruit is cold, whip cream with sugar and orange liqueur until soft peaks form.
Fold whipped cream into rhubarb mixture until combined. Spoon into 8 parfait glasses or a large bowl.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 94 mg|
|Vitamin A:||12 %|
|Vitamin C:||20 %|
|Vitamin D:||8 %|