This is the Ricotta & asparagus trout rolls recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 Container (500 g) Franco’s Ricotta
- 1/2 French shallot chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 fresh trout fillets (about 5 oz – 150 g each) skin removed
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about ¾ lb – 350 g) trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fish or chicken broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
In a bowl, mix Ricotta, shallot, basil and lemon zest. Season generously with salt and pepper.
On a work surface, lay out fillets with the side where the skin was removed facing up.
Divide asparagus and lay across widest end of each fillet. Divide Ricotta mixture among fillets and roll tightly towards tail end.
Place rolls, seam side down, in an oven-safe baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15–20 min.
Using a whisk, mix broth, lemon juice and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 min. Serve rolls topped with sauce.
This recipe is equally delicious when made with chicken or pork cutlets. They will take 20 min to cook in the oven. If desired, add 1–2 tbsp (15–30 mL) of Gouda asparagus pesto to the Ricotta stuffing.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||23 % / 255 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||599 %|