This is the Ricotta Cheesecake with Fresh Summer Herbs recipe.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 1 h 20
- 1 3/4 lb (800 g) Canadian Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Canadian Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh chives
- 3 egg whites whisked to stiff peaks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted pine nuts
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Oil a spring form pan with extra virgin olive oil.
In the food processor, mix the Ricotta and Parmesan cheeses with the egg yolks, flour, basil, coriander and chives. Season.
Using a spatula gently incorporate the mixture into the whisked egg whites, using a cutting motion so as not lose any air. Pour into the pan, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes until puffy and golden. Let cool, then turn out.
Serve in slices accompanied by whipped cream mixed with a little lemon zest, then season with salt and pepper. Garnish with a bouquet of fresh herbs.