Recipe from Bal Arneson
Ricotta lends extra depth and creaminess to the complexity of this crowd-pleaser and family favourite.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) mustard seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) crushed dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) red chili flakes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garam masala
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb (450 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast cubed
- 1 can (14 oz - 400 g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coarsely chopped cilantro (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a skillet, melt butter and cook garlic and ginger for 30 seconds or until garlic turns lightly golden.
Add mustard, cumin, fenugreek if desired, chili, garam masala, salt and pepper; cook for another 30 seconds.
Add chicken and cook for 6–8 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and Ricotta. Cook for 4–6 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Sprinkle with some cilantro if desired and serve with naan bread.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Mascarpone or Cream Cheese
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 229 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||64 %|