This is the Ricotta lemon-basil tarts recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 15 store-bought tart shells
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon zest
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 oz (30 mL) limoncello (lemon liqueur) optional
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 35% cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) fresh basil chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Bake tart shells according to package instructions. Let cool.
Meanwhile, mix lemon zest with lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 7 minutes or until liquid becomes syrupy. Transfer to a bowl. Add limoncello. Let cool.
Using a whisk, beat cream with Ricotta.
Add lemon syrup and basil. Beat for 2 more minutes.
Fill tarts with lemon mousse. Serve cold or frozen.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Mascarpone, Cream Cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||4 % / 43 mg|