This is the Roast Beef Sandwich with Onion Confit and Havarti recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- 4 slices of multigrain bread or rolls split in half
- 4 tsp (20 mL) soft butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 10 oz (300 g) roast beef thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- 4 thin slices Canadian Havarti
- 3 to 4 tbsp (45 to 60 mL) onion confit
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine butter and Dijon mustard and spread on slices of bread. Divide beef evenly among sandwiches, top with spinach and cheese.
Spread onion confit. Pepper to taste and close sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately, or seal in containers and refrigerate, to take on a picnic.
Weekend VersionBarbecued Steak with Spinach, Apples and Aged Canadian Provolone
Replace roast beef with 4 steaks (boneless strip loin, rib eye, tenderloin, etc.) and Havarti with Aged Provolone.
Barbecue steaks 3 to 5 minutes on first side then turn and continue cooking until desired doneness. Place spinach on steaks, dividing evenly, add thin slices of apple and top each steak with a slice of cheese. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until it is melted. Serve immediately with onion confit and a papillote of potatoes.
For a change of taste, replace Canadian Havarti with Mozzarella or Cheddar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving