This is the Roasted Bell Pepper Soup with Canadian Swiss Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 3 to 4 yellow and red bell bell peppers roasted, skinned and minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground marjoram
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 L) beef broth
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) dry red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices crusty bread toasted
- 5 oz to 8 oz (150 g to 225 g) Canadian Swiss* cheese sliced
Over medium heat in a large saucepan, heat butter. Add garlic and marjoram. Sauté for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 3 additional minutes, constantly stirring. Gradually stir in bouillon and wine. Add bay leaf and bell peppers.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Season with salt and pepper, then simmer for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven broiler. Pour soup into 4 ovenproof bowls. Top with a slice of bread and generously garnish with Canadian Swiss cheese. Broil on grill until cheese is crisp and golden.
Serve right away garnished with strips of bell pepper.
*Change the flavour of this dish by using Canadian Raclette cheese, Canadian Mozzarella or Canadian Canadian-Swiss cheese.