This is the Roasted Vegetable Salad with Gunn’s Hill Five Brothers Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 40 min
- 2 1/4 lbs (1 Kg) carrots peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 lb (450 g) parsnips peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 cups (500 mL) celeriac peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sunflower oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 apple peeled and diced
- 8 oz (240 g) Gunn's Hill Five Brothers cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
In a large bowl, mix carrots, parsnips, celeriac and onion, and coat with half of oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 30–40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
Transfer to a bowl, add remaining oil, vinegar, honey, parsley and diced apple.
Toss, adjust seasoning and reserve in refrigerator.
Just before serving, add the cheese.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Sharp Cheddar.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 195 mg|
|Vitamin A:||66 %|
|Vitamin E:||31 %|
|Vitamin C:||26 %|