This is the Salad of Oranges on Mixed Salad Leaves with Feta Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- 5 oz (150 g) mixed salad leaves
- 3 oranges
- 4 shallots minced
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Feta cheese crumbled
- 12 kalamata olives
- 1 cup (250 mL) sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tamari
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Arrange the salad leaves in a large salad bowl. Peel the oranges and, using a small knife, lift out the segments.
Arrange the segments on the greens; add the shallots, sprinkle over the crumbled Canadian Feta cheese and dot with kalamata olives.
Mix together all the vinaigrette ingredients by hand or in a food processor. Dress salad with vinaigrette to taste and season with pepper.
Tamari is a wheat-free soy sauce. You can use any good quality soy sauce for this recipe.