This recipe is taken from the 1991 Milk Calendar. This is the Salmon and Dill Pasta Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream or Milk
- 2 tbsp (10 mL) prepared mustard (preferably Russian)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried dill
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas
- 2 cans (7 1/2 oz/213 g) salmon drained and crumbled
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour. Cook 2 min on low heat. Whisk in milk and cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook 5 min. Whisk in mustard, half of fresh dill (or all of dried dill), green onions and lemon juice. Cook 2 to 3 min. Stir in peas, salmon, salt and pepper.
Cook 2 to 3 min until heated thoroughly. Stir in remaining fresh dill. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Toss sauce with 3/4 lb (340 g) g fettucine, cooked.