This is the Salmon à la Florentine, with Riopelle de L'Isle Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 5 oz (150 g) 4 portions salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 bag (1/2 lb/225 g) fresh spinach washed, stemmed and chopped
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 8 oz (225 g) Canadian Riopelle de l'Isle cheese diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
Arrange the salmon pieces, skin-side down, on a baking tray, brush with melted butter and season. Cook in centre of oven for 7 to 12 minutes according to thickness of fillets and desired doneness.
Meanwhile, in a pan, heat butter and sweat shallot over a medium heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Season and sprinkle with nutmeg. Set aside.
Deglaze pan with the white wine and reduce. Mix in cream, bring to the boil and remove from heat. Add cheese and let melt. Season.
Serve the salmon pieces on a bed of spinach with Canadian Riopelle de L'Isle cheese sauce poured over.
Try this recipe with Canadian Brie Du Village or Canadian Laracam.