Dressed-up enough for a special occasion, but simple enough for a weeknight dinner.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 cups (750 mL) fennel thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pitted Kalamata olives (packed in water)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 (150 g) salmon fillets
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried Italian herbs
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Cheddar sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fennel fronds chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
In a saucepan, melt butter on medium heat and cook onion and fennel for 5 minutes.
Add wine, bring to a boil and cook covered for 10 minutes. Mix in olives and season with pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
Meanwhile, place salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Season with Italian herbs, salt and pepper; cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Top with cheese and cook for 5 more minutes or until desired doneness.
Serve salmon on top of olive-fennel compote, garnished with fennel fronds.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||28 % / 307 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||292 %|
|Vitamin D:||330 %|
|Vitamin E:||61 %|