This is the Salmon & Provolone Mini-Quesadillas recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Provolone
- 1 can (7 1/2 oz/213 g) salmon drained
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) salsa
- 2 or 3 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- Fresh or dried hot chili peppers to taste
- 16 to 20 mini pita breads
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Combine shredded Provolone cheese with salmon, salsa, onions, peppers and fresh coriander. Add hot chilli peppers if desired.
Cut opening into pita pocket just big enough to insert a spoon. Stuff pita breads with cheese/salmon mixture. Pinch openings shut. Place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
Brush with melted butter and bake at 375 °F (180 °C) 7-10 minutes or until quesadillas are crispy and filling hot. Serve hot, warm or cold with sour cream and/or more salsa.
The more interesting alternative cheeses include Canadian Gouda, Mozzarella and Swiss, to name but a few.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 71 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||6 %|
|Vitamin C:||6 %|
|Vitamin D:||36 %|