A great way to use up your leftover holiday turkey, or use a cooked roast chicken from the deli.
- Cooking: 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) yellow zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) green zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) oregano leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) turkey or cooked chicken cut in bite-size pieces
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups (750 mL) couscous or rice cooked
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pine nuts toasted
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables, sundried tomatoes, garlic, herbs and spices; stirring until vegetables are just tender about 10 min.
Stir in cream, vinegar and cayenne pepper; bring to boil. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until cream thickens slightly about 10 min. Stir in turkey and salt; heat through.
Serve over couscous or rice, sprinkled with pine nuts.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 101 mg|
|Vitamin A:||43 %|
|Vitamin C:||102 %|