This is the Scallop Chowder with Tomatoes and Canadian Provolone recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned small clams with juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) concentrated fish stock
- 1 tsp (5 mL) concentrated vegetable bouillon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A pinch of dried thyme
- Apinch of dried rosemary
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 8 oz (250 mL) medium-size scallops
- 2 tomatoes seeds removed, cubed
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Provolone* cheese in small cubes
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a saucepan, bring first nine ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer 10 minutes.
Add milk, scallops and tomatoes. Cover, turn off heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
Reheat, if necessary, before serving. Place Canadian Provolone cubes in the bottom of individual bowls and cover with hot chowder. Mix gently. Accompany with crusty bread.
*Change the flavour of this dish by using Canadian Havarti cheese or Canadian Mozzarella.