Veal, pork or turkey scaloppini work equally well.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) thin veal scaloppine or turkey scaloppine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 12 1/2 oz (375 g) portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Marsala wine
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) beef broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) finely grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 250° (120° C).
Mix together flour and seasonings in pie plate. Lightly dredge each scaloppine in seasoned flour. Set aside.
Melt butter in large skillet and sauté veal scaloppine for 2 min on each side. Wrap in foil and keep warm in preheated oven. Continue cooking meat in batches.
Discard stems from mushrooms and slice caps fairly thick. Add to skillet and cook over medium heat until softened, 4, 5 min. Deglaze with Marsala, scrape up from the bottom of the pan. Add broth, cream, lemon peel and tomato paste stirring to blend. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 min or until lightly thickened.
To serve, spoon sauce over scaloppine and garnish with chopped parsley. Season to taste.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||4 % / 47 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||45 %|