This is the Seafood Bisque recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 35 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 strips bacon diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 potato peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried tarragon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
- 1 lb (450 g) seafood (shrimp, scallops, lobster, crab or a combination) fresh or defrosted, cut into 3/4-inch (2cm) chunks
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cook bacon until crisp. Remove and reserve. Add onion to pan. Cook until tender. Sprinkle with flour and cook gently 3 to 4 min.
Whisk in wine or chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes, thyme, tarragon, salt, pepper and tomato paste. Cook 15 min until potatoes are tender.
Add seafood and cream. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 8 min or until seafood is cooked through. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Serve sprinkled with parsley and reserved bacon bits.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 94 mg|
|Vitamin A:||39 %|
|Vitamin B12:||52 %|
|Vitamin D:||64 %|