Hearty enough to be a meal; serve with a crisp salad and crusty bread.
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) bottle clam juice or 1 cup (250 mL) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 8 oz (240 g) scallops
- 8 oz (240 g) raw medium-size shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced cooked potatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen or canned corn niblets
- 1 can (6 oz/180 g) crab
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cook bacon in large saucepan until crisp; crumble and set aside. Drain all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) fat from pan. Add onion, celery and garlic; cook stirring until soft about 5 min.
Stir in flour until combined. Whisk in clam juice making sure there are no flour lumps. Add cream. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add scallops and shrimp; cook until scallops are opaque and shrimp is pink about 5 min. Add potatoes, corn and crab; heat through. Add dill, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with bacon.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 57 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||121 %|
|Vitamin D:||23 %|